Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Top 5 Male Spirit Animals

And by "Spirit Animal", I mean someone who is literally so close to the definition of perfection, so much a dude after my own heart, that I wish I could cram them into a Pokèball and use them at will to destroy my enemies.

K. Let's get started.

5. Hank Green


Hank is sort of the lesser-known Vlog Brother, simply because he doesn't have any best selling novels or movie adaptations of said best selling novels. HOWEVER. Not only did Hank's CrashCourse YouTube lessons help me get through Biology this year, but also his replies to John on their channel make my week every week. I just love how kind and fabulous he is, and yes, I love the crap out of John Green, but lets be real, as a recent Nerdfighter, Hank is my new obsession.

Best Character Traits: sweet, hyper intelligent, receptive


Hey. Those are my glasses . . . {via}

4. Kingsley


King Johnston Hill, otherwise known as Kingsley on YouTube, is best known for his viral videos from his first year on YouTube and his biannual Overexposed series, in which he pokes fun at all the ridiculous things that were talked about too much that year. Kingsley is hilarious, and I am so sad that this is his last year posting videos to his channel. I will certainly be enjoying every single upload of his in 2014, and I wish him well in whatever he does after YouTube.

Best Character Traits: funny, reasonable, friendly




It's like he fell from some fab version of Heaven. {via}

3. Misha Collins


Misha, Misha, Misha. What to say about Misha? His birth name is Dmitri Tippens Krushnic. He renewed his wedding vows in drag. His son's name is West and they do a YouTube cooking show parody called "Cooking Fast and Fresh with West", which is potentially the most adorable thing on the internet. He stars as the badass angel on Supernatural, better known as Castiel or Cas. He's the greatest thing since sliced bread, especially because his charity, Random Acts, literally works to spread kindness in all forms. I would kill to meet this man.

Best Character Traits: versatile, open minded, fabulous


We have trapped him inside Tumblr, and we are never letting him out. {via}

2. Patrick Rothfuss


Pat, as he is known to fans of his Kingkiller Trillogy, not only wrote one of the best modern novels I have ever read, The Name of the Wind (its sequel, The Wise Man's Fear, is also pretty great), but also runs a blog devoted to updating his readers on his book tours, his life, and his ridiculously cute son (nicknamed 'Oot' to keep him out of the public eye). Patrick's heart is bigger than his beard, and that's saying something. He's like a brunette Santa, especially because you'd need a sack to carry around those big-ass novels. 1700 pages put together. Worth. It.

Best Character Traits: talented, caring, soulful


Ignore the creepy face. He's actually a teddy bear. {via}

1. Jon Stewart


Jon gets the #1 spot because he is keeping George Carlin's front row seat to the freak show warm. By that, I mean he is the leading pundit in America, followed VERY closely by Stephen Colbert, and he is consistently a voice of reason on television. I know. I know. It's Comedy Central. It's all a joke, right? Yeah, no. All the best comedy is funny because it's true. Contrary to Carlin, however, Jon shows utmost respect for all of his guests, regardless of whether or not their politics activate his gag reflex. He also manages to destroy their ideals, but hey, all's fair in love and progressive satire. I will be a fan of this man long after the news channels he devotes his life to critiquing air video montage memorials of his legacy. Hopefully, this is a long way off. America needs you, Jon. Don't leave us.

Best Character Traits: devoted, tactful, hilarious



That moment when Jon fangirled. We have so much in common. {via}

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Female version coming VERY soon!!

With love,
Laney

No comments:

Post a Comment